Sunday, May 3, 2015

Week 4

This week I wanted to make some beats but I didn't have enough time because I spent a lot of time looking for old tracks to sample off of. I found couple and that is what i will be working on this week.

Some albums that are going to inspire my work are:


Oxymoron by Schoolboy Q

                                                           Cilvia Demo by Isaiah Rashad

                                                         
                                              Good Kid, M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar

A lot of the music I produce will be similar to the tracks on this album because this is my favorite album right now because it is based on Kendrick's life growing up in Compton and it is mostly produced by Dr Dre,my favorite producer , he is also a Compton native. The reason I like this album so much is because I also grew up in Compton for a good portion of my life and I understand his music better because in some of the tracks he says what happen to him in a certain part of town and I know exactly what he is talking about.



Here is a picture of a concert that I attended. he preformed some tracks from Good Kid, M.A.A.D City for free this past Christmas at his hometown of Compton,California.

Here is a picture of Dr Dre(right)Kendrick Lamar(middle) and another famous rapper from Compton, The Game(Left)



No comments:

Post a Comment